This is not just a site to educate you regarding the fact that while Queen Elizabeth the II was in labour with Prince Charles, Prince Phillip was engaged in numerous games of squash to pass the time (sportsver). I am also here to share some interesting current affairs and other business news. Lets get started!
- The number of unemployed people worldwide sits at around 214.21 million. Problems.
- In 2021, the country with the highest population growth rate was Sudan. The population grew by about 5.05 percent. Sounds like a lot of crying.
- The country with the highest value of exports, unsurprisingly, belongs to China. The value of exports amounted to roughly 3.36 trillion dollars (US) in 2021. A large slice of the pie.
- The World Bank and IMF have estimated that Ukraine’s economy will contract by 45% in 2022. Though this is nothing compared to the cost of life the invasion has brought around. Stop the war.
- A study in 2018 that focused on the economics of the Amazon, found that tearing down the rainforest will significantly impact economies long term. It could cost $422 million in annual loss to agriculture. The trees in the Amazon aren’t Ents from Lord of the Rings, its up us.
Stats 1 – 3 from Statista. 4 from Business day. Stat 5 – xprize
Leave a Reply